Sunday, August 9, 2015

No Greater Joy

I have written a thousand posts in my head and heart in the nine months since the last post.  Nine months.  That number represents growth, life and launch.  By definition launch means to send something out, to release, to set on a course.  It's one thing to understand the meaning of a significant phase in family life and another thing entirely to live in the moment of that phase.  God is so gracious to give enough grace for every day.  There have been more than a few handfuls of days that the tears tracked down my face watching my oldest drive away to college every morning.  Dear friends have prayed me through some really rough moments of wishing I could rewind the years.  Sleep came sparingly and God came near in the middle of so many nights this past year as I sat up and prayed for this next chapter for my children.  He is faithful - oh so faithful!  Each step of this mom walk the Lord has been gently preparing my mind and heart for what needs to come next.  This season feels like the one where hair is flying wildly in every direction as the helicopter takes off from the launching pad of our home.



 Each child has made big strides in the direction that the Lord is calling them and I stand intensely thankful and nearly blown away by launching winds.  Our oldest works full time at the Plain Hardware using the gifts and skills she has collected during our many family house building adventures.


 She recently returned from a few weeks of touring and ministry in Belize and is planning another several month internship trip after Christmas this year.  

Our tallest son just received a product he has created from his international supplier.  


This young man man shipped boxes of Keyrings around the country last week to stock Amazon warehouses. 

 Our gypsy girl just picked up a third stringed instrument, set up a music studio over in the upstairs of the barn and is beginning to work on the song list for an album she wants to record this year.  She is our boot wearing, animal loving farmer.  The one who can be seen dancing in the yard with her rabbit on a leash so it can loose a couple ounces for better health or labeling a picture of the rabbit heart just because it's fun!



 The youngest is plowing through his last year of single digits and just announced his strong conviction of faith in Jesus and desire to be baptized next Sunday.  


This final announcement has been my heart cry for summer specifically.  I could literally feel the words of 3 John 3:4 coursing through my soul as I listened to his excitement about his upcoming baptism.  A fixed heart is overwhelming grace...


but a new heart....

 I have no greater joy than to know that my children are walking in the faith.  

That is the bottom line, the true measuring stick, the goal, the only issue that really counts at the end of all days.  If I leave this earth unexpectedly tomorrow, my chief goal as mom of these four dear ones has been met - by God's lavish grace.  The most challenging and yet wonderful part of this goal is that it is not my doing, but God's.  Salvation belongs to our God!  Thankful and very keenly aware that this prayer warrior momma needs to step up the commitment.  It is one thing to proclaim Jesus as Lord and another entirely to live that proclamation out.  So I am praying that these kids would daily lay down their dreams, goals and loves for the only One who can really satisfy.  Christ in us - our only hope of glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment